Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger Wed in South of France

Canadian rockers Avril Lavigne, 28, and Chad Kroeger, 38, tied the knot on Saturday in the South of France.
Mike Heller, CEO of Talent Resources, which represents the singer, revealed the happy news on Twitter. "I'm in south of France about to see my little Rok star #avril get married I am so happy to be part of this special celebration," he tweeted. "No pictures will be sent since this is #avril wedding but I will tell you everyone is so excited."
Lavigne was very involved in planning what she promised would be an outrageous ceremony filled with personal touches. "I'm the one who has the crazy vision and he's letting me be me," she told Us Weekly.

While her wedding dress was the first thing she picked out after Nickelback frontman Kroeger popped the question last August with a 14-carat diamond engagement ring, Lavigne said she was most excited about the nuptials' "out of control" venue.
"The best part about the wedding is the location," she gushed. "I want to make sure I really enjoy this amazing time and I want all the guests who come to have this once in a lifetime experience. I want everyone to say 'Wow!' and for it to be special for everyone, not just us."

The musical duo got close while collaborating on Lavigne's upcoming fifth studio album, "All Over the Place," recording two songs together — one of which, "Let Me Go," will appear on the new release, out in September. The song is about "going into a new relationship or moving on," Lavigne explains. She also told Us Weekly that the other duet was going to serve as their wedding song on the big day, but that she still had plans to release it separately.
For his part, Kroger, who has never been married before, said he was happy to let his bride take the planning reigns. "I sit back and I take a lot of the things that are presented to me, and I look at them on paper, and when I'm asked my opinion, I offer it very gently," he told E! News in May. "That's the smartest thing I can possibly do because that big day is not about me. That big day is about her."
This is Lavigne's second marriage. She and Sum 41 rocker Deryck Whibley split in 2010 after tying the knot in 2006.

No comments:

Post a Comment